Monday, November 10, 2014

First Snow


So I know many places have had snow already but for our unique little Medicine Hat we just got our first big dump of snow. So naturally along with loads of snow comes shoveling. And of course I'm not talking shoveling with a big old snow blower like the little old man across the street who I am sure had a tenth of the snow around his corner lot that we got around ours. No I am talking good old fashioned shoveling that wet snow with a shovel  inch by inch because that white stuff weighs a million pounds. However, along with all my dislike for shoveling comes Xander's new found love of playing in the snow. He did enjoy snow last year but this year is so much better. For his birthday he got a snow sled from our good friends and even since then he has on many occasions asked me if he can go sledding yet. So when this morning came and I opened the blinds to let the beautiful shining snow flood its light into our house he got so excited. We ate breakfast as fast as we could. I took Xander potty and of course had to explain the importance of that choice before putting on snow suits (anyone read "I have to go Pee" by Robert Munch knows) and we got all suited up. We each grabbed our shovels and went to work. I shoveled the snow off the Ginormous Driveway and corner lot sidewalk (What were we thinking!) and he shoveled it back into the empty spaces I was creating as fast as his little arms could move that wet heavy snow. After a while he decided that shoveling was not for him so he went and belly flopped right into the snow and made a face down snow angel. HAHA he was not very fond of the snow in the face but that was one lesson I didn't have to teach him because next time he did it the right way. We did have a lot of fun in the snow. Aside from my sore arms and cold face it was a wonderful first snow of the season. We cant wait to go sledding for his first time. I think he will love it. 


(side note) For those who are looking for a way to store all there mittens and hats and scarfs so they don't end up a wet heap in your doorway here is what we are doing this year.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment