Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Canada Day! I love Canada day. My whole life I have felt like it really kicks off summer when we get to celebrate with everyone and watch some fireworks. We took Xander down for the pancake breakfast this morning and it was so much fun. He was so patient waiting in the line along with half of Medicine Hat I am sure. We came home and he helped me to water my newly planted strawberries and sour cherry trees, then got bored and got up on the trampoline and jumped for a while. Our backyard is coming along nice. We had to plant alot of new grass because there were a lot of bare spots that get pretty muddy with a 3 year old and a sprinkler and after a week I finally am seeing little baby grass growing. It made me oddly excited over something so little. We also took a big old trailer of branches and garbage to the dump that was all around the yard when we moved in. Our next task in the yard is going to be the big cement slabs that we have to move out of the garden spot. It is a horrible mess right now but I cant wait to see what its going to look like next year after all this work. No Garden this year but next year I am going to have an awesome garden and Im so excited. Xander is to, He is already checking my strawberries every day and eating every little teeny red one he finds.
Well now we are off to Kin coulee again to check out the festivities. It will be the first time Xander will really get to enjoy what we are doing. He is at such a fun age where he is learning to explore and be amazed at everything. I could spend my whole day just watching his facial expressions and listening to him talk through all this things that he is seeing and learning. What a cool thing to witness. I feel so blessed everyday to get to be a part of this amazing childs life and learning. He continues to blow our minds daily with new words and concepts that he picks up on. I cant wait to see what he is going to be and the amazing man he will become when he is grown. Not that I want him to grow up quickly because I love every moment with him now, they just seem to get better and better that I cant imagine what it will be like 20 years from now. I live a blessed life. I am thankful to my Father in Heaven for it everyday. Have a fantastic Canada day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment