Sunday, August 10, 2014

Like Father, Like Son

Today I was looking through some old pictures on our computer and I found an awesome picture of Jim when he was younger. Around the same age as Xander is. Such a cute little boy. 
This is the Picture that I found. 


I love it so much. As I was looking at it Xander came up to me and started talking to me. I have always thought Xander looked alot like I did as a child but wow. I was shocked. 
Here is my Xander boy only a few weeks ago. 


So I decided I need to compare these two cute faces and here is what we got.  



Same chin
same ears
same face shape
Same hair color
same nose
very similar eyes

wow, yup these two must be related. Not that I ever doubted but I love it as I watch Xander grow to see the things that I love so much in my husband start to manifest more and more in my son whom I love so much. SO WONDERFUL. These are just a small part about why being a mother is the best Job/Calling anyone can choose in this life. There is Nothing, NOTHING, better then motherhood. I am so happy that I have been blessed with such a smart little man. His health has always been good and he loves to play and learn. I may not have the blessing right now of multiple children however if he is all that I am blessed with I will have had more then my share. Thank you Father in Heaven for knowing me better then I know myself. For blessing me with an amazing Husband and Child. Thank you for understanding my pain and comforting me and lifting me when I can no longer life myself. There have been times when I have not understood, there are still times when I dont understand, however, they will not overtake me. 
Just like the famous poem "Footprints" I know that lone set of footprints in my life does not belong to me. It belongs to my Savior and he will never give up on me, he will only let my trials rain down until I cannot take the rain anymore. Then he will step in and carry me through it. I also understand (and this one was hard to learn) that my Lord cannot take away my trial, but he can be there through it if I ask him to be and have faith that he will listen. I am grateful for learning experiences. I pray that someday I will be able to use these experiences for the benefit of others around me. That will be worth everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment