Thursday, August 28, 2014

Who is your Hero?


When looking up the definition of a hero it says "a man (woman) of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his (her) brave deeds and noble qualities." it also added "a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal." 

xander and his favorite hero ever!
I love that Xander is able to understand and use all sorts of words in his daily life. He is able to communicate what he would like or what is making him upset. He is also able to communicate how much he loves us or what he thinks of us. The other day while Jim was playing hide and go seek with him, during one of the breaks between hiding Xander felt it important to tell Jim "Dad, your my hero." 
As I watched on and tried not to let the beautiful moment make me cry. (because we all know I'm a crier) It got me thinking. What are the things that make us a Hero in someones eyes. It could be something simple like that hide and go seek game, it could be something deep like a big hug and an "I love you".

 It could be something like an aunty that loves to spend time with her nephews and makes it a priority.
Aunty Rosie
Aunty Lexie

It could be something like a friend that takes the time to make a little child feel special. Someone that claims the title of family, just because they love you. 
Uncle Dylan

It could be the people in your life that would do anything to see you smile. They would do anything to spend their spare time with you just to watch you succeed. 

Grandpa Atwood
Grandma Atwood

Or those relatives that don't see you very often but even as a young child you could never forget the impression they have made on your heart and spirit.

Uncle Batman (Doug) 
Great Grandpa Houseman 
Great Grandma Bee
Great Grandma Easthope and Grandma
It could be those who love to wrestle and let you get away with things that maybe a mother or father would never let you get away with, but they do so as safely as possible and always catch you when you fall or take the fall when you get caught. 

Uncle Matt
Uncle Dano
Uncle Kimball



 There are so many different kinds of heroic acts and so many ways to become a hero in the eyes or a child or anyone for that matter. Xander has so many heroes in his life. So many people to look up to and to remember someone for the good things and influences they have placed into your life. 

I have to thank all the Heroes in my life. The people who changed my life growing up. The people who loved me despite my downfalls. Those who encouraged me to be a better version of myself. I also have to thank all the heroes in Jim's life. Those who helped him get to me. Helped him get through the rough patches and believed in him even when he didn't believe in himself. 

Now I saved the best for last. 

Jesus Christ, Savior/Superhero

There has never been a better example of a Hero.
Not for you, not for me, or any other person that has been or ever will be in this world. 
He sacrificed his own life so that we would never have to suffer alone. He took upon himself every pain, every sorrow, every wrong doing. He knows how we feel when we are sad, angry, depressed, anxious, upset, devastated, broken, lonely or empty. He has felt it all by his own free will and choice. 
AND HE STILL LOVES US DESPITE ALL THAT HE WENT THROUGH!
He would do it again in a heart beat if we needed it. 
He loves me when I don't love myself.
He cries when I cry.
He laughs when I laugh.
Jesus Christ is my Savior.
He is my Hero.
He is our older brother.

In closing I leave you with a challenge. 
Find the Heroes in your every day life. 
They are everywhere. See the little things that bless you. The people that love you. The people who love your child when hes acting crazy. The people who provide service all around you. Those who teach, listen and talk with you. Be open to all who could be a hero in your life and remember to thank them for being that way. It brings your heroes up and encourages them to keep going on doing what they are doing. Providing future heroes as others learn from them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment