Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Tonight was a memorable night. We were going about our normal bedtime routine with Xander. Potty, Teeth, Jammies, Prayers. We started helping Xander with saying the prayer and for the first time he took over and started to say parts without help. He thanked Heavenly Father for his grandparents and aunts and uncles and IRONMAN. It made me smile. This kid loves Ironman. When I say "I love you" and he says "Mom I love you more then Ironman" it makes my heart sore. He has such a unique personality and spirit about him. I love him more and more every day.

Today I made a little collage of Jim and Xander. I was looking through all the pictures on my hard drive and was amazed at how much both of them have changed in the past three years. I am so proud of both my men.

What a wonderful life it is. 

I had the opportunity to go with my cute little family away for the weekend. We went to Cardston and Waterton for the long weekend before summer was officially over. We spent time with cousins and aunts and uncles, jims siblings, my siblings, both our parents and lots of other loved ones. What a better way to spend our last days of summer. 

We celebrated my grandmothers birthday, our niece, Theresa's, birthday, the end of summer, our love for family and warm weather. It was a wonderful weekend. Xander had so much fun playing with his cousins. Especially his cousin Faythey. She kept a close eye on him the whole weekend. She went into the bathroom at one point and we heard Xander saying "wheres my girlfriend" and when she came out she said called out for her "sweetheart". It was so awesome. I am so glad that Xander can spend time getting to know his extended family. It is so important to both Jim and myself. We took Xander to Cameron Falls and Redrock Canyon in Wateron. He really enjoyed being outside and playing in the water. 

These are the kind of experiences that I hope and pray Xander will have lots more of so he can have the blessing of wonderful memories from his childhood just as I was blessed with. 


No comments:

Post a Comment